What do I do if my Apple Watch says wrong password?
If you enter the wrong passcode ten times in a row, your watch locks, and a message asks you to re-enable passcode entry from your iPhone. Open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Passcode. After you re-enable passcode entry, you can try to enter your passcode again on your Apple Watch.
Why isn’t my Apple Watch letting me reset it?
If your Apple Watch is unresponsive when attempting to erase it, then it may help to first force restart it: Remove it from the charger and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, releasing them when the Apple logo is displayed.
How do you fix too many passcode attempts on Apple Watch?
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together until you complete these steps.
- Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > Reset.
- Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. …
- Wait for the process to finish, then set up your Apple Watch again.
Why isn’t my Apple Watch letting me unlock it?
Unlock with Apple Watch is enabled: If other settings are correct, and you’re still not able to unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch, make sure that the appropriate settings are enabled on your iPhone. Head over to Settings → Face ID & Passcode → Toggle on Unlock with Apple Watch.
Can I unlock my phone with my Apple Watch?
Unlock with Apple Watch works when your watch is on your wrist and unlocked and your iPhone is nearby. The feature doesn’t use Face ID to recognize and authenticate your identity. Unlock with Apple Watch works only for unlocking your iPhone.
How many times can you try to unlock Apple Watch?
Erase Apple Watch after 10 unlock attempts
To protect your information if your watch is lost or stolen, you can set Apple Watch to erase its data after 10 consecutive attempts to unlock it using the wrong password.
How do I reset my locked Apple Watch?
How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode
- Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
- Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
How do I manually reset my Apple Watch?
How to Hard Reset an Apple Watch
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds.
- Release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
How do I reset Apple Watch and pair again?
If your Apple Watch is stuck while pairing
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time until your watch restarts. …
- After your watch restarts, firmly press the screen or press and hold the Digital Crown.
- Tap Reset.
- After your watch resets, you can pair it with your iPhone.
Can I reset my Apple Watch without passcode?
If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.
How do you pair a locked Apple Watch?
Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider. Press firmly on Power Off (do not try to slide it – just press down more firmly than a normal tap) and then tap on Erase all content and settings. Pair your watch using the Watch app, choosing to Restore from Backup if offered the option.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without paired phone?
How to erase your Apple Watch if you don’t have your iPhone
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Type your password if prompted.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. …
- Tap Erase All to confirm.