Why is my Apple Watch not updating?
If the update won’t start, open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS again. Learn what to do if you see ‘Cannot Install Update’ when updating Apple Watch.
Why is my Apple Watch no longer paired?
Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again
Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they’re in range. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. … Open Control Center, then turn off Airplane Mode. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
What happens if I disconnect my Apple Watch while updating?
As long as the battery doesn’t die during the update, your Apple Watch will be fine. Apple Watch should not be removed from the charger until the software update has completed.
Is my Apple watch too old to update?
First of all, make sure that your Watch and iPhone aren’t too old to update. WatchOS 8, the newest Apple Watch software, can only be installed on an Apple Watch Series 3 or later, using an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later installed.
How do I force my Iwatch to update?
How to force an Apple Watch update
- Open up the Watch app on the iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap through to General > Software update.
- Enter your passcode (if you have one) and download the update.
- Wait for the progress wheel to pop up on your Apple Watch.
How do I reset Apple watch and pair again?
If your Apple Watch is stuck while pairing
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time until your watch restarts. …
- After your watch restarts, firmly press the screen or press and hold the Digital Crown.
- Tap Reset.
- After your watch resets, you can pair it with your iPhone.
How do I reset my Apple watch without paired phone?
How to erase your Apple Watch if you don’t have your iPhone
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Type your password if prompted.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. …
- Tap Erase All to confirm.
How do you pair Apple watch again without erasing?
Put the Apple Watch on its charger. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset. After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
What happens if I take my watch off the charger during an update?
“Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes. Don’t restart your iPhone or Apple Watch, and don’t quit the Apple Watch app. When the update completes, your Apple Watch will restart on its own.”
How do I cancel a watch update?
Here is how you can delete the watchOS update file:
- Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Go to General > Usage > Software Update.
- Delete the update file. Click Delete again to confirm. This will remove the WatchOS software update.
- Now go to General > Software Update and try to download it again.