What is the clock source for the time?
1. What is the clock source for the timers? Explanation: Timer’s clock source is the crystal that is applied to the controller.
What is clock source Linux?
The RTC is independent of the system’s CPU and any other chips. As it is energized by a small battery, it continues to tick even when the system is switched off. The RTC is capable of issuing interrupts at frequencies ranging between 2 Hz and 8,192 Hz. Linux uses the RTC only to derive the time and date at boot time.
What is counter and timer?
A timer is a specialized type of clock which is used to measure time intervals. … A counter is a device that stores (and sometimes displays) the number of times a particular event or process occurred, with respect to a clock signal. It is used to count the events happening outside the microcontroller.
Which register is used to copy the value of timer counter register in timer peripheral on a particular event?
The TIMER implements one capture task for every available capture/compare register. Every time the CAPTURE[n] task is triggered, the Counter value is copied to the CC[n] register.
When an interrupt is enabled then where does the pointer moves immediately after this interrupt has occurred?
1. When an interrupt is enabled, then where does the pointer moves immediately after this interrupt has occurred? Explanation: When an interrupt occurs, then it jumps to a fixed memory location in memory called the interrupt vector table that holds the address of the Interrupt Service Routine. 2.
What is KVM clock?
kvm-clock is a Linux clocksource like tsc and hpet. ( tsc is commonly used on physical machines.) The discussion at the URL below indicates that all clocksources act like time counters that are periodically read by interrupts.
Can we use counter as a timer?
In addition to counting external events, it is possible to also count events that are internal to the processor. In particular, by using the system clock (or a derivative thereof), the counter can be incremented at regular intervals. In this form, the counter becomes a form of timer.
What are the applications of counters?
Applications of counters
- Frequency counters.
- Digital clocks.
- Analog to digital convertors.
- With some changes in their design, counters can be used as frequency divider circuits. …
- In time measurement. …
- We can design digital triangular wave generator by using counters.