Why can’t I put a passcode on my Apple Watch?
If you require an iPhone passcode that uses letters or special characters, you can’t set an Apple Watch passcode. Instead, your users must unlock their iPhone to unlock their Apple Watch. Open the Apple Watch app on the paired iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Passcode > Unlock with iPhone.
Does Apple Watch have to have a passcode?
While the Apple Watch asks you to create a passcode when you first set up your device, you can bypass this requirement. But without a passcode, you can’t use many of the Apple Watch’s best features, including: … Unlock with iPhone, which automatically unlocks your Apple Watch for you whenever you unlock your iPhone.
How do I get my Apple Watch to require a passcode immediately?
– On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (bottom left hand tab) > General > Wrist Detection – turn this on. – On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on (choose either a Simple Passcode or a more complex one).
How do I unlock my Apple Watch without the password?
How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode
- Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
- Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
What is water lock on Apple Watch?
The water drop icon on your Apple Watch means that the Water Lock feature has been enabled. Water Lock locks your watch’s screen so that you can swim or shower without turning it on, or tapping anything inadvertently. Disabling Water Lock is quick and easy, and will even clear any excess water out of your Apple Watch.
Can you use Apple pay on watch without passcode?
Do you need a password on you apple watch if you use apple pay. Yes – both Wrist Detection and a passcode are required in order to add a card to Apple Pay on Apple Watch. If either feature is later turned off, your card(s) will be removed automatically from Apple Pay on the device.
What is require passcode immediately?
By default you will see “Immediately” next to Require Passcode . This means that as soon as your device locks, your passcode will be enabled.
Does Apple Watch 6 require passcode?
Using the passcode isn’t mandatory, though, and it’s easy to turn off if it’s an inconvenience. Be aware, though, that Apple Pay will be removed from the Watch if you turn off the passcode. You can re-enable Apple Pay if you ever turn the passcode back on in the future.
How do you unlock a locked Apple Watch?
Unlock Apple Watch
- Enter the passcode: Wake Apple Watch, enter the watch passcode, then tap OK.
- Unlock Apple Watch when you unlock your iPhone: Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Passcode, then turn on Unlock with iPhone.