How do I pair my Apple Watch to a new owner?
Need more help?
- Erase your Apple Watch.
- Set up your new iPhone and sign in to iCloud. …
- Open the Apple Watch app on your new iPhone, then pair your watch with your new iPhone.
- Try to restore from a backup. …
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish setting up.
- Start using your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
How do I reset my Apple Watch for another user?
On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Type your password if prompted. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
Can you switch Apple watches with someone?
To switch to a new Apple Watch, follow this process: Unpair your current Apple Watch using the Watch app on your iPhone: In addition to creating an up to date backup of your watch on your iPhone, this will erase the watch and remove Activation Lock, leaving it ready for a new owner to use.
How do I unpair an Apple Watch from my previous owner?
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap your watch’s name at the top of the screen, then tap the information button .
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch. …
- Enter your Apple ID password to turn off Activation Lock. …
- Tap again to confirm.
How do you pair a used Apple Watch?
Turn on, pair, and set up your Apple Watch
To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue.
Should I unpair my old Apple Watch before pairing a new one?
Unless you’re keeping both Watches, you need to unpair your old one. Once that’s done, however, your old Watch has been cut free from your iPhone, and you can give it away or sell it as you need.
How do you unpair a watch without an iPhone?
How To Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone
- Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down.
- Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go.
- Tap Erase all content and settings.
How do I change the Apple ID on my watch?
On your iPhone “Apple Watch app”>“Apple ID”. You cannot change the Apple ID once its synced. Where you mention looking for the ID there is no option to change it. The only option is to unsync and resync.
How do I know when my Apple Watch is charging when its dead?
You hear a chime when charging begins (unless your Apple Watch is in silent mode) and see a charging symbol on the watch face. The symbol is red when Apple Watch needs power and turns green when Apple Watch is charging. You can charge your Apple Watch in a flat position with its band open, or on its side.
Can you use an Apple Watch without owning an iPhone?
Your Apple Watch will work without an iPhone, but depending on what model of Watch you have, you might not have access to every feature. You’ll need to have access to either a cellular or Wi-Fi connection if you want to use the majority of your Apple Watch’s features without an iPhone.