What happens when Apple Watch is unpaired?
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, the watch is backed up completely to your iPhone to make sure that the latest data is saved. … This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored.
Can you unpair Apple Watch without erasing?
Answer: A: Answer: A: Unfortunately you will have to start again from scratch. There is no user level way to extract the watch content, and it only supports pairing to a single iPhone so the watch has to be erased before you can pair to the new iPhone.
Can someone erase your Apple Watch?
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode. If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan. To completely erase your Apple Watch, choose Erase All.
Will I lose my activity if I unpair my watch?
Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your iPhone, not on your Apple Watch, so will not be lost.
What do I lose if I reset Apple Watch?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without an Apple ID and previous owner?
The following explains how to do that.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap the General option.
- Select the Reset option and tap on Erase All Content and Settings. …
- Your Apple Watch will ask you to input your passcode. …
- Tap the Erase All option and your Apple Watch will begin to reset.
How do I remove someone else’s Apple ID from my Apple Watch?
– Turn the feature off via https://www.icloud.com (sign in with their Apple ID > Settings > My Devices > Click on Apple Watch > Remove it by clicking on the “X” and then on Remove). If you cannot contact the previous owner, there is therefore nothing more that you can do.
Will I lose my activity data if I reset my Apple Watch?
Try to restore from a backup. … You will lose Activity, Workouts, or settings on your watch that changed between the last backup and now. If you use iCloud in iOS 11 and later, Health and Activity data is stored in iCloud and automatically kept up to date on devices where you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
Should I unpair my old Apple watch before pairing a new one?
Unless you’re keeping both Watches, you need to unpair your old one. Once that’s done, however, your old Watch has been cut free from your iPhone, and you can give it away or sell it as you need.
Can someone else use my Apple Watch?
Before you buy an Apple Watch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is no longer linked to the previous owner’s account. … They must unpair the watch and remove Activation Lock by entering their Apple ID password, so you can use the watch.
How do you delete things from your Apple Watch?
Press the Digital Crown to turn off the icon jiggling. If the Home screen is in List View, swipe through the list until you see the app you wish to delete. Swipe the app’s entry to the left and tap the trash can icon.
How do I clear my Apple Watch for resale?
Factory reset directly on Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap General.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you’re using a passcode, enter it when prompted.
- Swipe down and tap Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan if you have a cellular watch.
Where is Apple Watch activity data stored?
Health information is stored in iCloud and gets encrypted as it goes between iCloud and your device, and while it’s stored in iCloud. End-to-end encryption requires iOS 12 and two-factor authentication. To stop storing your Health data in iCloud, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn off Health.
Why did my Apple Watch activity disappeared?
Make sure you have enough storage space in iCloud. Open Settings>Your name>iCloud and check that Health is on, or turn it on. Still in Settings>Your name>iCloud tap iCloud Backup and ensure it is enabled. Tap Back Up Now to make a backup and wait for it to complete.
How do I get my apple activity back?
Step for iOS 12 and Earlier users Health App on iPhone
- Step #1. Launch the Health app on iPhone.
- Step #2. Tap on Health Data.
- Step #3. Press on Activity.
- Step #4. Enable Show on the dashboard.