How do I get mobile data on Apple Watch 3?
Set up cellular on a family member’s Apple Watch
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap All Watches, tap your family member’s Apple Watch, then tap Done.
- Tap Cellular, then tap Set Up Cellular.
- Follow the instructions for your network provider. You may need to contact your network provider for help.
Can you use data on Apple Watch?
Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models can connect to mobile network. With a cellular connection, you can make calls and use data or apps when you don’t have your iPhone or Wi-Fi. Learn how to add your Apple Watch to your cellular plan.
Does Apple Watch Series 3 work without Wi-Fi?
Use a cellular network
Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models can connect to cellular. With a cellular connection, you can make calls and use data or apps when you don’t have your iPhone or Wi-Fi.
Is it worth having cellular on your Apple Watch?
Do I need cellular? … If you’re always likely to have both your iPhone and Watch on you at the same time, you really won’t see any benefit from the cellular connectivity, so it won’t be worth the cost.
How do I know if my Apple Watch is connected to cellular?
When your watch connects to a cellular network, you can check the signal strength from Control Center or the Explorer watch face. To open Control Center, touch and hold the bottom of the screen, then swipe up. The Cellular button turns green when you have a connection.
How far can Apple Watch 3 be from iPhone?
You do not necessarily need to have your iPhone on or immediately around you (within arm’s reach, for example) for the devices to establish and maintain their Bluetooth connection. Normal Bluetooth range is around 33 feet / 10 meters (this will vary in practice due to wireless interference).
How do I stop my Apple Watch from using data?
How to turn off cellular data on Apple Watch
- On your Watch face, swipe up from the Control Center. Alternatively, you can tap for one second, and swipe from the bottom from within an app to get access to Control Center.
- Find the cellular data toggle.
- Tap on it, and toggle Cellular off.
What can Apple Watch do without iPhone?
Best Answer: Without your iPhone, the best Apple Watch GPS-only (Series 0-6, and SE models) can still do the following: track workouts, track activity, see the time (also able to use Alarm, Timer, and Stopwatch apps), play music from a synced playlist, display photos from synced albums, make purchases with Apple Pay, …
How do I connect my Apple Watch 3 to Wi-Fi?
Connect your Apple Watch to Wi-Fi
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Wi-Fi. Your device automatically searches for networks.
- Tap the name of the network that you want to join. …
- If asked, enter the password using Scribble or the Apple Watch keyboard.
- Tap Join.
How far can Apple Watch be from iPhone?
Normal range is around 33 feet / 10 meters, but this will vary due to wireless interference. Whenever Apple Watch can’t connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth, it will attempt, as a fallback, to connect to a trusted, compatible Wi-Fi network.
Does GPS Apple Watch need Wi-Fi?
Apple Watch does not require access to data or Wi-Fi in order to use GPS for this purpose. The route map is accessed via the Activity app on the paired iPhone, once the devices have synced the saved workout data.