Why can’t I lock my Apple Watch?
Under the current version of watchOS, with Wrist Detection turned on, it is not possible to manually lock Apple Watch such that the passcode needs to be entered to unlock it again. Your watch will instead lock automatically upon being removed from your wrist.
How do I make my Apple Watch require a passcode?
How to Add a Passcode to Your Apple Watch
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down the list and tap Passcode.
- Tap Turn Passcode On.
- Enter the four-digit passcode you want to use to lock and unlock the watch.
Can you unlock a found Apple Watch?
There’s no way to circumvent the lock. It’s not yours to unlock. Turn it into the police or the management or lost and found of wherever it was you found it.
How do you reset a locked Apple watch without paired phone?
If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode and do not have a paired iPhone
- Place your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Hold the side button until the Power Off screen appears.
- Press the Power Off slider firmly (do not slide it)
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Your Apple Watch will reset to factory settings.
When should I use water lock on Apple Watch?
When you start a swimming workout, your Apple Watch automatically locks the screen with Water Lock to avoid accidental taps. When you’re done, turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and clear any water from your Apple Watch. You hear sounds and may feel some water on your wrist.
Does water lock turn on automatically?
Water Lock also turns on automatically when you begin a water-based workout, such as swimming or surfing.
Do you have to use water lock on Apple Watch?
No – Apple Watch Series 2 remains equally water resistant regardless of whether or not Water Lock is turned on. Water Lock for Apple Watch Series 2 models prevents accidental screen interactions during exposure to water and also expels any water from the speaker afterwards.