How do you troubleshoot Apple Watch?
5 Troubleshooting Tips for Your Apple Watch
- Force-quit a troublesome app. …
- Restart your Watch. “ …
- Force your Watch to shut down. …
- Reset your sync data. …
- Unpair and re-pair your Watch.
How do I restart my Apple Watch app?
Apple Watch – Force-Quit Apps
- Press the Digital Crown to display all apps.
- Tap the desired app.
- Press and hold the Side Button.
- When the Power Down menu appears, release the Side button.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until the app goes away and the watch face returns.
Why will my watch app not open?
If the app is unstable, the app may not open, frequently crash or freeze, or becomes unresponsive. To fix the problem, try restarting your watch and phone, and check for updates. Uninstall the app if issues persist, but it may be necessary to reset the watch.
How do I run diagnostics on my Apple Watch?
How to access Apple Watch diagnostic port
- Step 1: Remove the strap on the button side of the Apple Watch case.
- Step 2: Place the sewing needle in the port hole.
- Step 3: Don’t press the needle to access that door like you would to open the SIM card tray on an iPhone.
Why is my Apple Watch not responding?
Force restart your Apple Watch
You should force restart your device as a last resort and only if it’s not responding. To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
Why is my Apple Watch not working?
Try force restarting your watch: press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the logo. After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and: Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
What do I do if my Apple Watch won’t force restart?
If you can’t turn off your Apple Watch or if the problem continues, you may need to force your Apple Watch to restart. Do this only if you’re unable to restart your Apple Watch. To force restart, hold down the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
How do I reset Apple Watch and pair again?
If your Apple Watch is stuck while pairing
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time until your watch restarts. …
- After your watch restarts, firmly press the screen or press and hold the Digital Crown.
- Tap Reset.
- After your watch resets, you can pair it with your iPhone.
How long does it take for Apple Watch to restart?
To restart Apple Watch, hold down the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. This should take at least 10 seconds. Let your Apple Watch fully restart, and it should be working better.
How do you fix an app that won’t open?
Learn how to check your Android version.
- Step 1: Restart & update. Restart your phone. Important: Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer. …
- Step 2: Check for a larger app issue. Force stop the app. You can usually force stop an app through your phone’s Settings app.
Why are apps not installing on Apple Watch?
Option 1: Uninstall, reinstall
Open the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone, and scroll down through the My Watch section to the app you’re trying to install. Tap on this app to see the “Show App on Apple Watch” toggle. Flip the switch to off, wait for the app to finish uninstalling, then toggle it back on again.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch when an app won’t open?
To unpair your watch when the iPhone app is unresponsive, on your watch, go to: Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. This will reset your Apple Watch to the factory settings. Back up the phone to iTunes and do a Restore. The Watch app should then work.